Originally, combat boots are only accessible and manufactured for army people. So basically, these boots are designed to last longer for heavy-duty purposes. It can withstand the harshest elements and stay whole no matter how rough is the terrain or the weather is. All the best combat boots are made with a soft insole that absorbs shock and outsole designed for better traction. But now, the popularity of combat boots among civilians has really grown to the next level. From military activities, combat boots as also used as everyday footwear due to its comfort and style. Read on to know more about the best combat boots below:
5 Top-Rated Combat Boots For Men And Women Reviews
5.11 ATAC Men’s Boot
If you’re looking for a pair of combat boots with a non-metallic shank and injection molded Phylon midsole, this one fits. These well-engineered combat boots are designed to keep up with the demands in the military, law enforcement, and tactical operations. Moreover, it contains a hypertext lasting board makes it cooler.
But aside from its full-grain leather and rugged nylon construction, it also includes a semi-rigid heel and toe reinforcement. Therefore, you can make sure that it stays functional even when beaten up after months of being used regularly. No matter what is the weather and surface, these 5.11 combat boots can remain comfortable and on the go.
Features and Specifications:
- Made from 100% leather and textile with a shaft that measures 8 inches from the arch of the boots
- 5.11 Shock Mitigation System maximizes the rebound and compression, increases your speed, stamina, and grip on any surface
- Polished leather toe and rugged look gives it a stylish look that’s practical for work or streetwear
- Covert tactical pocket adds practicality for keeping your cards, keys, and some cash
- Side zip functionality with durable YKK Zipper hardware allows it to be worn and removed with a swift
- A cushioned insole, as well as oil and slip-proof outsole, guarantees its offered stability and comfortability
- Antibacterial and moisture-wicking lining keeps your feet dry and odor-free
- Its outsole does not squeak even when used on rainy days
- Generous open cell foam cushioning to ensure your comfort
- Sausage laces remain tied and don’t slip to make you stumble
- Doesn’t include pull-on straps to put it on faster
- The area around the top of the foot is too tight
Volatile Women’s Boot Camp Combat Boot
When all you want is a pair of boots that can turn heads, these Volatile combat boots can help you. Just one look and it is enough to captivate anyone who will look at it. As a matter of fact, its full length alone is enough to catch some eyes when worn in outdoors. To top it all, its Black color made it look more stunning and cool compared with standard combat boots.
With a weight of 3 pounds, you can easily pull it off whether you just want to visit the mall. You can even wear it on parties and dance until you drop.
Features and Specifications:
- Made from synthetic upper leather and sole with a shaft that measures 14 inches from the arch of the boots
- Front lacing and the additional functional full side zipper makes it easier to be worn and removed in seconds
- Heel measures about 1 ¼ inch while its platform measures about ¾ inches which add a few inches to your heights
- Boot opening measures about 14 inches around makes it easier to put on even without pulling the side zipper down
- Military-inspired design gives it the look and quality that can withstand harsh elements on the road
- Cushioned insole with lycra lining ensures the comfort of your feet
- Very affordable and comfortable to wear around
- Stylish and edgy design
- Easy to pair with different clothing styles
- Heavy lug TPR bottom sole gives it a good bounce and longer lifespan
- Not ideal for being used in work that involved a lot of stress
- Breaks faster than those that are made from full-grain leather
Rocky Men’s C4T Trainer Military Duty Boot
Another affordable combat to complete your collection, Rockey boots are designed to keep you on the go. With durability and comfort in mind, these combat boots are designed to cater for your training needs or everyday footwear. Its heavy duty construction makes it perfect for different activities that involve a lot of stress on the shoes. Its high-quality soles also allow it to have better traction on any kind of surface.
Thus, you can easily use it to pass through rough terrains and harsh weather situations. Most importantly, its materials are chosen to keep it resistant from heat, chemical, and oil.
Features and Specifications:
- 100% made from manmade upper with a reinforced toe guard to ensure its durability for years
- Water-resistant and fast-drying materials make it a good pair of combat boots when you’re up for an adventure
- 100% constructed with non-metallic materials to resist corrosion and ensure its longevity
- Rugged EVA or ethylene-vinyl acetate rubber outsole which is softer and flexible than rubber outsoles even to require less padding
- Speed lace eyelets partnered with 550 cord laces to keep your feet secure and comfortable inside
- Shaft measures 8 inches in height from the arch of the boots with NATO hooks make it easier to clean
- No metal parts to suffer from corrosion
- Lightweight and moisture-wicking materials with drainage holes
- Water-proof construction to keep your feet comfortable
- Flexible outsole with rubber lugs for additional grip on any surface
- Doesn’t meet the standard requirements of AR 670-1 for army combat boots
- The sole may fall apart sooner than other parts
Dr. Martens Women’s Leah St Combat Boot
Does its name sound familiar to you? If you haven’t realized yet, these combat boots are just one of the most popular creation of the iconic brand. Dr Martens has been creating and supplying boots in the market that are tagged with the highest quality. Just like any pair of boots from Dr Martens, these combat boots are constructed with clear expertise in AirWair.
It is made from Wyoming leather that features a roll-down style and a sleek black color that makes it stand out. It also has a Goodyear welt that is heat-sealed to make sure its sole will not come off or break easily.
Features and Specifications:
- Specific fit for women to ensure your comfort even if you wear it all day long
- Made from the best of Wyoming leather upper to guarantee its quality and durability
- Roll-down or fold-down style gives you more option on how you can wear these combat boots
- Water-resistant combat boots with cushioned textile insole keep your feet dry
- Steel toe provides optimum protection and a capacity to withstand strong impact and compression force
- Breathable and moisture-wicking lining that is treated for additional comfort with anti-bacterial Smartmask
- Slip-resistant and air-cushioned outsole can’t be stopped by oil and fat thanks to its solid traction power
- Electrical Hazard Certified
- Comfortable and fits great in the feet with ankle support
- Stylish with rich and sleek black color
- Durable fabric lining with well-stitched seam
- Extra durable steel-toe boots exceptional for different activities
- Takes more time to break in and get more comfortable
- The tongue’s seam digs into the feet which is quite painful
Palladium Women’s Pampa Tactical
It only weighs a pound which makes it one of the lightest combat boots that you can do for different occasions. Whether you’re into extreme activities or simply want to go with the latest trend of fashion, these combat boots fit. Palladium boots for women have been proven and tested already over the years and loved by many customers. Its lace-up design and extended shaft allow it to be fitted without sacrificing your feet’s comfort.
Moreover, its cool and rugged look never fails to captivate many combat boots aficionados. With its side zipper, it’s hassle-free to put on even if you want your pants tucked in your boots.
Features and Specifications:
- 100% made from the best rubberized full-grain leather and ballistic nylon upper to guarantee its quality
- Side zipper functionality makes it easier to be worn and removed in record time
- Shaft measures about 9 inches from the arch of the boots and a heal that measures about 1.5 inches
- EVA or ethylene-vinyl acetate rubber outsole to provide extra softness and flexibility to the boots and require less padding inside
- Molded rubber outsole is complemented with a protective toe cap that is made from rubber as well
- Tough urban style gives it a rugged and cool look that can rock any streetwear or complete a party outfit
- Super lightweight and comfortable in the feet
- Stylish and hard wearing to last for years even with regular use
- Long shaft and ankle support for additional comfort
- Soft insole and tough outsole
- Not 100% water-resistant and the zippers fall apart too soon
- Not enough cushion to keep it comfortable for all-day use
How To Choose And Fit Best Combat Boots For Men?
Generally, choosing the best combat boots that are both stylish and functional may take more time. In addition, you have to make sure that it fits properly to avoid hurting your feet. To avoid feet problems, make sure that your combat boots are durable and comfortable at the same time. So, here are some things to consider when choosing fitting the best combat boots for men:
Just like any other type of shoes, combat boots also come in various types. Depending on your taste, you can choose desert boots, tanker boots, jump boots, or jungle boots just to name some. Aside from the typical high cut combat boots for men, there are also low cut boots that can fit you. Each type is specifically designed to be more functional yet comfortable when used in certain activities. For instance, the standard combat boots are great for camping, hunting, and facing rough terrains. Tanker boots are best worn in tanks with a wide leather strap while jungle boots are best for roaming the jungle. Clearly, finding the right type of combat boots isn’t that hard if you already know how to use it.
Next to the type of boots, taking a closer look at the combat boots’ materials matters a lot. Though combat boots are tough in general, be sure that it is made from high-quality materials. From the best leather to the most comfortable insole and outsole materials, every part of the boots must be top-notch. Whether you want to it for military purposes or simply as part of your collection, it must be high-quality.
When it comes to fitting, make sure that your toes have enough room to wiggle inside your boots. Once you slide your feet inside the boots, there should be at least one finger width allowance behind your heel. This is to ensure that there’s enough room to wiggle your toes and breathe. Walk around while wearing your boots to test its fit and comfort.
How To Choose And Fit Best Combat Boots For Women?
When it comes to choosing and fitting the best combat boots for women, it’s the same as buying men’s combat boots. However, we’ve added more items below that come in handy for men too
- Style and Color
Depending on the kind of activities you do, you can also choose the one that suits your needs best. But since the type of combat boots for men and women are the same, let’s focus more on style here. Combat boots can be seen in high cut and low cut which is also known as ankle boots. Compared with the combat boots for men, low cut boots are more common among women. In addition, combat boots for women are a little narrow to emphasize its femininity. Most importantly, you can have more option when it comes to color. If you want pink combat boots, there are various styles you can choose from and choose one that’s pink. If you want side pockets, there’s also some for you.
- Weather Resistance
The best combat boots may also vary depending on the kind of whether you want to use it. For instance, desert boots are more ideal if you want to use it when the temperature is up. After all, you wouldn’t want to walk around in a pair of boots that slowly melts as the temperature increase. But in case you’ll be using your boots on rainy days, it’s best to opt for waterproof boots. This will not only protect your feet but also prolong the life of your boots.
Basically, buying the best combat boots doesn’t necessarily require that you’re in the military. Wearing combat boots nowadays no longer means that you will literally use it the battlefield. Even if you’re a civilian, you can purchase and enjoy the pleasure of having a pair of combat boots. You can even choose from its various types, designs, and colors to match your personality or certain activities. Whether you want to use it to survive on rough terrains or simply as everyday wear, combat boots rock. With weather resistance and top-notch materials, your combat boots can withstand even the wildest wilderness and remain comfortable.