Oh, deer! If you’re reading this article, I’m sure that you’re into hunting or interested to try it.
As a hunter myself, let me tell you that you’ve made the right choice. However, to make the most of your hunting expeditions, you need to have the right kind of gears and apparel.
More importantly, you need to have the appropriate boots for obvious reasons.
In this article, I will help you choose the best hunting boots for 2017.
Top 9 Best Hunting Boots Reviews for 2017
Essential Things to Consider
Nothing is more uncomfortable than wearing the wrong pair of boots in the middle of an unforgiving terrain. In fact, according to Hoyt, 40% of hunters wear boots that are not their size. Thus, it is of paramount importance to consider everything before buying a pair. To make it simple, here are some questions that you need to ask yourself according to Outdoor Life:
What is your size?
Your body changes with time, and your feet is not an exception. Hence, you must know your current size before making any purchase. However, you need to remember that sizes differ from one shoe to another. For example, if you’re using size 10 sneakers, it doesn’t mean that you need the same size of boots. Therefore, you need to ensure that you’re getting the right size. Proper fitting of shoes is very important when it comes to demanding treks and hunting environment. Some manufacturers offer a sizing reference that you can take advantage of.
Is the pair comfortable?
There are a wide variety of hunting boots. However, you must realize that different brands fit differently. For example, some boots can be too narrow. On the other hand, other pairs may be too wide and loose. For you to get the best fit, you must:
- Try as many brands as possible
- Try every pair with the same socks that you will use during hunting
- Be keen even to the slightest imperfections
With these tips, you can save time and money by getting the right pair the first time.
Where will you do most of the hunting?
Obviously, the most important role of the boots is to protect your feet wherever you hunt. Hence, it is best to consider the environment in selecting your perfect pair. If you are hunting on rocky terrains, boots with rigid sole may be preferable.But, if you are on a lighter and longer terrain, you can opt for lighter boots. Light pairs will benefit you during long walks and hunting journey.
Qualities of a Perfect Boot
While hunting, you will be in the wilderness for quite some time. Thus, it is important that you’re wearing the perfect pair of hunting boots. However, what makes them perfect? According to Hunting Tips and Tricks, below are the factors that will make your choice excellent:
Have you tried wearing a pair of regular shoes with a bad fit? It’s the most uncomfortable thing in the world, right? Similarly, wearing a pair of hunting boots that do not suit your feet will ruin the thrill of the experience. To ensure that the shoes fit you well, try wearing the kind of socks you usually use. With this, you get to have the overall feel with your boots on.
A well-insulated pair of boots can protect your feet in extreme temperatures. For example, if you’re hunting in an icy forest, your boots should be insulated enough to prevent frostbites. Similarly, if you’re in a hot terrain, boots must keep your feet cool and comfortable. In other words, you must consider your hunting environment when deciding the kind of insulation that you want.
I bet you’ll not hunt in the same area all year round. Based on my experience, hunters look for a new location for a more exciting experience. Thus, it is important that your boots are versatile enough for multiple purposes. It’s best to select boots that you can use in many types of terrain and surfaces. In addition, you may prefer water resistant pairs. These boots are perfect for rainy and dry hunting seasons.
Some boots can cost hundreds of dollars. On the other hand, there are brands that can be very cheap. Hence, be a smart buyer. There’s nothing wrong with buying an affordable pair for as long as the quality is never compromised. Remember, hunting boots are always battered in the wild. Therefore, buying a cheap pair and replacing it after a couple of uses is not cost effective at all. Personally, I will prefer to invest in slightly expensive boots that will last for several years.
Now that you know how and what to look for, it’s time to check some of the hottest pairs in the market. These pairs contain all the qualities for a perfect pair of hunting boots. Honestly, these are the products that I will consider buying if I’m in the market for a new pair.
The Overall Winner
Among the most amazing pairs of hunting boots on our list, the runaway winner for me is the Under Armour Men's UA Brow Tine Hunting Boots.
- Primaloft 800g for optimal insulation
- Gore-Tex breathable waterproof lining
- UA Scent Control traps and suppresses odor causing bacteria
- Waterproof, full grain leather combined with a Light weight textile upper
Here are some reasons why this pair is the hunting boots to beat:
- Comfort - as a hunter, you know that you need to be on your boots for a long time. Under Armour Men's UA Brow Tine Hunting Boots provides you comfort like no other pair can. They choose materials carefully and determine which one will protect and care for your feet more
- Durability - Exclusive UA Scent Control technology guarantees that you will not buy a new pair anytime soon. Despite using it on tough terrains, this pair will definitely last long.
- Versatility - you can use this pair of hunting boots anywhere you want. More importantly, you can use it in any season all year long. Thus, you can save tons of money.
- Cost effective - although this pair is a little more pricey compared to the rest of our list, it is indeed cost effective. Meaning, you’re getting the worth of every penny you spent. In addition, it will take years before you need a new pair. Thus, you’re maximizing the use of this shoes for all its worth.